As specified by its corporate statute and the terms of operation of CAMS – RECYCLING, the public scope of HERRCO involves:
- the fulfillment of the legal obligation of its affiliated companies in relation to the disposal of their economic funds necessary for the recycling of their packaging waste,
- the optimal utilization of the funds available for the benefit of recycling,
- the accomplishment of recycling from the maximum possible packaging quantities, in accordance to the legally set National and European Targets.
The Collective Alternative Management System (CAMS – RECYCLING) intends to contribute significantly to the achievement of the national targets set for packaging recycling, as outlined in the Joint Ministerial Decision 9268/469/2007. More specifically the national targets are as follows:
• 60% (by weight) recovery of the total of packaging waste, out of which
• at least 55% (by weight) recycling